Fares & Ticketing


Tickets are issued for all fares paid. Please retain tickets until the end of your journey. An inspector may board a bus at any time to check tickets.

When boarding the bus, always advise the driver of your destination.

Although you may be required to change buses at Queanbeyan Interchange to complete the journey, through ticketing is offered to all passengers.

This means that you do not have to pay the ‘flag fall’ component of the fare on the second bus boarded, as long as you get on the next available service from the interchange, and you have retained your original ticket.

To view the current discount fare schedule applicable to all CDC Canberra bus services, visit our Fares page.

View Our Fares Page

Please Have the Exact Fare Ready

CDC Canberra drivers cannot change large notes, so please be sure to have the fare ready in coins or small notes where possible. This will help to reduce boarding delays and help you get to your destination quickly.


Children under the age of four travel free when accompanied by an adult. Children aged between four and 15 are automatically entitled to a half fare.

Children aged 15 years and over and attending high school or secondary college are eligible for a concession fare for travel outside school hours upon presentation to the driver of an appropriate photo ID issued by the school or college.

If a valid ID is not available, children aged 15 years and over are required to pay the standard adult fare, unless travelling to and from school in school hours.

Where age may be in doubt, proof of age is the responsibility of the child, or an adult fare will be charged.

Concession Fares

Concession fare authority cards must always be shown to the driver, or a full fare may be charged.

CDC Canberra accepts a variety of transport concession authority cards issued by NSW state government agencies, the ACT Government, and the Commonwealth Government through Centrelink.

We cannot accept healthcare cards as a transport concession, nor can we accept cards issued for exclusive travel on state transit buses in Sydney.

Tertiary students must have the holographic sticker on their ID card issued by Transport for NSW to travel at concession fares.

School Travel Passes

To view information on school travel passes, please visit the School Services page.

Oaks Estate Residents

Any resident of Oaks Estate can buy a low-cost one-way ticket to Woden or Civic from Queanbeyan, travel via CDC Canberra and then transfer onto a Transport Canberra bus, if necessary, all on the one ticket.

This is the Oaks Estate one-way cash fare and it is the result of an arrangement made between the ACT Government and CDC Canberra.

Please note that this fare is available only to people who can prove they are residents of Oaks Estate.

Please click on the link above for more information.