School Student Transport Scheme

Here you will find basic information about applying for a school bus pass.

Who can get a SSTS bus pass?

As a NSW transport operator, CDC Canberra administers school bus passes to the students of Queanbeyan, Canberra and Yass schools as part of the School Student Transport Scheme as long as they meet all of the eligibility criteria.

Your child is eligible for a free bus pass if they are:

  1. A NSW resident
  2. Enrolled at a registered school
  3. Older than four years, six months
  4. Eligible for free Government education
  5. Living more than the required distance from their school

If you do not meet any of these criteria, please refer to our FAQs for your alternative options.

How can I apply for a bus pass?

Students may apply for a school bus pass by completing an online application form available from the Transport for NSW website.

Replacement Passes

If your child has lost their pass, you may purchase a new one for $11.00. You can purchase this from one of our staff at our Queanbeyan office or over the phone on (02) 6299 3722. Download a copy of the replacement card request form here.

Term Passes

If you require a Term Pass for your child, you can purchase one over the counter at our Queanbeyan depot or by calling our team on (02) 6299 3722.

How to read our bus passes

Our bus passes show the exact bus stop that your child is advised to board at and what buses they will need to catch throughout the day.

CDC Canberra Bus Pass

School Bus Pass FAQs

Please read through our Frequently Asked Questions for a comprehensive list of Q&As regarding our school bus passes including topics such as when to apply, terms and conditions of travel, what to do if you are not eligible for a free bus pass, information about our Term Passes and what to do if your child has two residential addresses.